torsdag den 10. september 2009

The Story So Far

I can't believe my third blog entry would be of the "I'm sorry I havn't blogged in a while"-type but here I am.
For those of you who hate facebook or just can't be bothered to read small updates I will give you the skinny on what I have been doing.. travelling and drinking.. two things far more interesting than blogging to me, much to my friends chagrin. But do not worry, I shall be going into deeper detail and if possible chronological order.

Seattle:

My stay in Seattle was really good way of dipping my toe in the American melting pot after such a long time away. Seattle has many things that make it slightly, well, "European": fanatic soccer fans, gratuitous coffee drinking, "liberal" attitudes. all and all a good place to start.

Apprehension was strong when I initially met Steve, I mean, we've been e-buds for quite some time. But does the internet sphere extend into the real world once all the trolling, half anonymous confessions and the dick and fart jokes is confronted with the, for a lack of a better term, the real world?
Luckily Steve turned out to not be a creepy serial killer with a crawlspace full of women's teeth (I am sure of this, I checked), instead he turned out to be a nice guy trying to find his way through the world.
He took a week of to show me around town (Seattle is a nice city), introduced me to his friends (they were nice people) and finally we played fighting games until my left thumb blistered (during a drinking and playing session, I bit a hole in a blister the size of a grape because I wanted to keep on playing) and finally we went to Vancouver to visit a common e-friend (more on that later)..
my last week in Seattle involved me going to kingston (Jah be praised, mon. No it's actually just on the other side of the water from seattle) and generally taking the bus downtown to wander around aimlessly and doing things such as visiting an aquarium, visitng terrarium, unsuccessfully hitting on a bartender, unsuccessfully hitting on a stripper after being rebuked by the bartender(ess) and other fun stuff mostly involving hanging out with steve, an xbox and gratuitous amounts of steel reserve and pabst blue ribbon.

Now you may think that playing fighting games with steve and all his (oddly enough, Asian) friends was a waste of my road trip efforts. to you I say nay, it was exactly what I wanted . I wanted to bond with this stranger from across the atlantic and see if we were friends irl as we were online. Luckily, sociocide proves to be a microcosm of kindred spirits.

(I apologize for any spelling and/or grammatical errors in advance)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar